Friday, November 20, 2009

MY GAY GRANDSON- II

It was May again next year
the winds were full and the sky was clear
the caterpillars were sprouting wings
children chirping on squeaky swings


my grandson, piece of my withered heart
was more of me than I’d once thought
like me, his inclinations lay apart
had so it been since the start?


granpa! I want to talk again
it’s been an year since I’ve come clean
dated Mark , not Jenny or Jane
as happy as I have ever been


but yesterday , as in class I lay
still so happy to be gay,
I witnessed something so surreal
a feeling that I’d never feel


the door parted, and a whiff of scent
floated over the filthy ground
as if for my nostrils meant
the aroma pulled my head around


there in the distance stood
an angel , wasn’t it understood?
that my heart was no more mine
captured by that thing divine


but wasn’t she- well, “she” ?
do u agree, or is it just me?
that the female form, in its purest being
can only be some god’s doing?


males and muscles are all so well,
but my heart with that angel lies,
no longer confused, can I dwell
on whether it’s sin to murder flies


with this, he turned around and left
walking with protruding chest
and I noticed that in the corner lay
his pink bow tie , my gift from last may.




THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment